With the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we want to ensure that you fully understand the information we hold about you and the reasons we hold it.
When do we collect your information?
When you purchase something from the BioBunnies store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You can opt-out at any time via the opt-out links sent in every email.
What do we collect?
We collect the following basic, personal data about you which does not include any special type of information, only:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your order history
When do we use your information?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and only use the information we hold about in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need.
- Your information is used primarily to process your order, complete a transaction & verify your credit card, as well as arranging deliveries or return purchases, therefore we will share your name and address details with our courier company.
- If you have consented to receive marketing material from us, your information is used to provide you with marketing information about our content, products, and services.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If you have consented to receive marketing material from us, if after you opt-in, you change your mind, you have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to request all the personal data we hold on you, the right to be forgotten and the right to stop being profiled. Please contact us and we will be happy to help you in any way.
Your details will be shared with the relevant authorities in any cases of fraud or theft. BioBunnies may disclose your personal information if required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
BioBunnies online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We handle payments on this website via Paypal and Stripe online payments.
How do we protect your information?
To protect your personal information, BioBunnies take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Our website is secured by “https” technology.
- We do not store any card details, these are all held and processed by our third-party providers, Stripe & PayPal.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
How are Third Party Services used?
In general, the third-party providers used by BioBunnies will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. We do not sell any personal data to any third parties.
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, BioBunnies recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Google analytics: Our store may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
How long do we keep your information?
We will never keep your information longer than necessary. Order details will be kept on file indefinitely unless you specifically ask us to remove them. This is to ensure we can contact you should an issue arise.
Under the new GDPR, you are entitled to withdraw your consent to us holding your data at any time as well as access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given BioBunnies your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Questions & Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.